The IEEE Technology and Engineering Management Society (TEMS) is sponsoring an “Under 35 Innovators” contest. The event is looking for Young Professional innovators working on technological innovation and applied research in industrial electronics and industrial informatics areas. Anyone who has a brilliant idea and has developed or is developing a project leading to an industrial solution or application of it is eligible. Entries focusing on Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence, Cloud for advancing research and businesses, technology applications and technical management initiatives, fields of interest can be entered. Researchers, entrepreneurs, and innovators from universities and research centers, start-ups, SMEs, corporations, and non-profit organizations are encouraged to participate.
A panel of judges and academic experts will assess the candidates and their project. The criteria for assessing the submissions are concept, impact on market and technology, value to the industry, and creativity. Therefore all submissions must include such info (or estimations of it).
Winners will be selected from the judges, and the top submissions will be invited to showcase at the premier IEEE ICTE 2020 conference. All winners will be invited to the entire IEEE ICTE 2020 event (including a free full registration if no papers are associated with their registration) and its activities. However, If the applicant is an author at the conference and their entry is accepted, they are still required to pay registration fees for the event.
IEEE ICTE 2020 will take place in Bologna, Italy. This is an IEEE wide innovation contest.
The intent of the contest is not for student projects, but rather ones either heading to or leading to industry solutions and products. Typical examples are innovations developed at a mature level and which are potentially already commercialized or near to commercialization. Excellent candidates are also projects developed during MSc/Ph.D. work which is further continued and has tangible industry potential and applicability.
How to apply?
Fill out the applicant form below that includes summary of your project. The concept here is not to impress with an exciting technical ideas. Consider the audience to be Venture Capitalist that may invest in your company or idea. So while you do need to explain the idea, summary of your project should be focused on covering the following:
- What is the market (do you have numbers you can cite with a reference)
- What else is available (and why is yours better)
- Expected costs
- What you think would it take to make a real product
- Add a 2- to 5-minute video overview to describe the effort. The more precise the description and its impacts, the better the chance of being accepted. Be sure and include the suitable technical description and product impacts as well as any analysis overview.
- Applicantion web form (all applicants)
- MS Word (In case you have issues in accessing web form by Google)
- Send the completed form to email@example.com
- June 15, 2020 – Submission Deadline
- July 15, 2020- Notification of candidates
Winners will be officially announced at IEEE ICTE 2020 website