Diheco PhD Colloquium
IEEE-TEMS PhD Poster Session 2023
Best PhD Poster Award
Topic: Digital Ecosystems for Sustainable Society
Keywords: sustainable society, digital ecosystems, value creation, digital healthcare, multisided platforms, digital technologies
Call for Abstracts
We are pleased to announce the Diheco PhD Colloquium, which will take place during the 3rd IEEE-TEMS International Conference on Technology and Entrepreneurship in 2023. This Colloquium provides an exceptional platform for PhD students to present their research work and engage in discussions with fellow researchers, industry experts, and practitioners in the field of digital ecosystems for a sustainable society.
The theme of the Colloquium revolves around the creation and development of digital ecosystems that contribute to the establishment of a sustainable society. The aim is to explore the potential of digital technologies, value creation, and multisided platforms in fostering sustainability, particularly in domains such as digital healthcare, energy, transportation, and smart cities. We encourage submissions that investigate innovative approaches, models, and strategies to address societal challenges through digital ecosystems.
We invite PhD students to submit their abstracts focusing on the aforementioned keywords. The abstracts should provide a concise summary of the research work, highlighting its relevance, methodology, and key findings. Submissions may include, but are not limited to, the following topics:
- Digital ecosystem design and governance for sustainability
- Value creation and innovation in digital ecosystems
- Digital healthcare systems and their impact on sustainable societies
- Multisided platforms and their role in fostering sustainability
- Leveraging digital technologies for sustainable cities and transportation
- Digital healthcare start-up business models
- Role of universities in healthcare platform start-ups
- Digital healthcare technology challenges and keys to success
- New and sustainable models of health data governance
- Importance of Big Data, artificial intelligence and blockchain technologies in healthcare
- The effect of digital technology on healthcare start-up scaling and sustainable growth
- The role of networks and different collaborative behaviours in digital healthcare
- Multi-sided value creation by and for different stakeholders using digital healthcare platforms
- Digital healthcare platforms value co-creation strategies
Accepted abstracts will be granted a place in the Colloquium’s Poster session, where participants will have the opportunity to present their work to a diverse audience of researchers, industry professionals, and conference attendees. The Poster session will foster networking and knowledge exchange, enabling fruitful discussions and collaborations.
We look forward to receiving your submissions and welcoming you to the Diheco PhD Colloquium during the 3rd IEEE-TEMS International Conference on Technology and Entrepreneurship in 2023. Join us for an enriching experience and contribute to the advancement of digital ecosystems for a sustainable society.
Time and Place
The IEEE-TEMS PhD Poster Session program 2023 will provide its participants with an online experience on 11th October 2023 at Santaka Valley Kaunas, Lithuania. The Colloquium is hosted by Kaunas University of Technology and IEEE-TEMS.
Doctoral students should be in the dissertation stage of their programs and have a clear idea for their dissertation research. Students are encouraged to submit their work that will be published in the conference e-proceedings. All work relevant to the listed research topics (but are not limited) is welcomed.
- 28th August 2023 Abstract submission
- 12th September 2023 Notification of acceptance for the PhD Colloquium
- 2nd October 2023 Overall registration closes
- 9-11th October 2023 3rd IEEE-TEMS International Conference on Technology and Entrepreneurship 2023
- 11th October 2023 IEEE-TEMS PhD Poster Session program 2023
The accepted authors will subject to these charges: $120 for IEEE student members and $150 for non-IEEE members.
More about conference fees: https://icte.ieee-tems.org/registration/
An abstract proposal should contain 1,000 words.
Students interested in participating in the IEEE-TEMS PhD Poster Session program 2023 are requested to submit their extended abstract with the following information:
- Motivation and Objectives
Senior researchers including PhD supervisors may be co-authors, but PhD students must be the lead author and present the poster at the conference.
Please add 4-6 keywords and submit your abstracts as a pdf document in an anonymized form (without author/s information). To reserve your spot for the poster session, please submit your abstract by emailing Lukas Geryba at KTU at firstname.lastname@example.org by 28th August 2023.
Please note that late submissions or submissions that do not follow the requirements will not be considered.
On acceptance, you will receive further instructions for preparing for the colloquium.
Poster Format Rules for Submissions:
- Poster Size: The posters should be prepared in a standard size of A1, 594 x 841 mm (portrait orientation) or A0 841 x 1189 mm (portrait orientation). Please ensure that your poster fits within these dimensions to allow for easy viewing during the Colloquium’s Poster session.
- Content and Design: The poster should clearly and concisely present the key aspects of your research work. It should include sections such as an motivation and objectives, methodology, results, conclusions, and references where needed. Ensure that the content is organized in a logical and coherent manner, guiding viewers through your research process.
- Readability: Make sure the text on the poster is legible from a reasonable distance. Use fonts that are clear and of an adequate size.
- Visuals and Graphics: Incorporate visual elements such as graphs, charts, diagrams, and images to enhance the understanding and visual appeal of your poster. Use high-resolution graphics and ensure that they are properly labeled and easy to interpret.
- Colors and Layout: Choose a color scheme that is visually pleasing and aligns with the content of your poster. Ensure a balanced layout that guides the reader’s eye through the poster effortlessly. Use appropriate spacing between sections and elements for clarity.
- Title and Author Information: Include a clear and prominently displayed title at the top of the poster. Below the title, provide your name, affiliation, and contact information. This information should be easily readable and identifiable.
- Acknowledgments: If applicable, include a section to acknowledge any individuals, institutions, or funding sources that have contributed to your research.
- References: Provide a concise list of references at the end of your poster. Use a consistent citation style and ensure that the references are accurate and complete.
- Poster Presentation: During the Poster session, be prepared to present your work to the attendees. Be available to answer questions and engage in discussions. Consider preparing a short oral summary or an elevator pitch to introduce your research quickly.
Please ensure that your poster adheres to these format rules to facilitate effective communication and knowledge sharing during the Diheco PhD Colloquium’s Poster session.